Friday 18 September 2015

First moved, then impressed.

I've just read something I simply must share with you here, Dear Reader. I'll say no more...

Having read this text I wanted to know who wrote it and here is what I found out:

'I’m Geoff Mead. Born into the post-war baby-boomer generation, I was the first member of my family to go to university (and the first to drop out). I quickly returned to complete my studies in mediaeval history after a salutary period washing cars for a living.  With not much idea of what I really wanted to do, I cut off my shoulder-length hair and joined the police service which I left three decades later as a chief superintendent.
During those years I did pretty much everything from walking the beat to directing national police leadership programmes and from commanding a police district to training with the F.B.I. in Virginia, U.S.A.  En route I also found time to complete an MBA, a postgraduate diploma in Gestalt psychology and a PhD in action research.  Since then I have served on the faculty of the Prime Minister’s Top Management Programme at the National School of Government and been a visiting research fellow at the University of Bath where, for 10 years, I supervised mature PhD students
In my fifties, life took a different turn when I discovered the magic of stories and storytelling and began to explore their power to liberate the human spirit.   Now, I perform traditional stories, run story-based workshops and teach storytelling at venues in UK and as far afield as Spain, Canada and Japan. I also write for academic and professional publications as well as writing poetry, fiction and non-fiction books. I earn my living by working as a narrative consultant, specializing in board development, authentic communication, and leadership development.'

What an interesting life!

Geof's website will navigate you to the other one, related to Crete, one of my favourite places on Earth.








No comments:

Post a Comment