Monday 20 June 2016

At Bronek's, Northfields

 
Bronek's Cafe in Northfields really surprised me today! I've been there  at lunchtime before and not in the evening. It was like a Cinderella at the ball!
Mr Bronek, the owner looked fantastic behind the counter and serving appetising seafood dishes:
The boss
 He was too busy to sit down and tell me more stories from his colourful life, but as I was about to leave, two ladies his age started talking to me. They were sharing a bottle of rose while waiting for their dinner:
Dinner served at Bronek's
The one who lives locally shared her wartime memories: about the German POWs she saw having to work hard and how being a young girl she had no idea how terrible the war was. They also expressed their opinions on Brexit, an omnipresent topic in the run-up to the referendum!

Several other tables were joined together to accomodate a large group dining there. They were from the Polish YMCA in Ealing. Mr Bronek spoke to the senior member of the party and I was invited to take a picture of them too:
Polish YMCA team dining at Bronek's
And here a a few pictures of the cosy nautical-themed restaurant in Northfields:




An English waiter serving at Bronek's

Wish I had more time to tell you more about it all, Dear Reader!
Good night!:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment