Sunday 14 June 2015

A memorial to love

Today after work I finally explored the place I'd been looking at from the bus for ages. It is Richmond and East Sheen Cemetery. Soon after entering I I was drawn towards a distinctive memorial with an angel in loose robes wrapped around a stone. I had to find out something about the people whose memorial it was and thus found this amazing website. You are welcome to read their fascinating story.
...
Talking about burial places, you may like to read about another one  in London here. If you look at the picture, you may be interested to find out that there is a similar one at the Jewish Cemetery in the Polish city of Lodz. I think I may have written about it in my very old post.

....
Here is another link I'd like to share with you. It tells about the life of a brave Polish WWII veteran who lived in Oshawa after the war and recently passed away. He lived a very active life in his new homeland and his life was not a bed of roses...

No comments:

Post a Comment