Wednesday 24 June 2015

Creativity discussed at the British Council

I've just come back from a British Council seminar on Creative English Teaching. It was good to meet other teachers and talk to them.
Here are a few pictures taken before, during and after the event:

 After work I had to take the Piccadilly Line to Piccadilly Circus. From there I made my way to The British Council premises near Trafalgar Square. The traffic was normal for London.





Surely, I was late as I couldn't leave work until 6.15, but it didn't matter. I entered quietly and sat at the back. A Greek teacher trainer was half-way through her presentation. Well, I've taught long enough to be familiar with most of the ideas, but it was still good to be reminded. Besides, one thing is to know, the other to make use of the knowledge, isn't it?:-)

My Croat friend, Zoran Mimica, would be happy to see an unfinished  haiku. The idea was to leave out the last 5-syllable line and make the learners guess it. There were a few interesting guesses, but the original one had to be revealed by the speaker. It was something to do with the birds having no necks, but I cannot remember exactly. However, you can go to the British Council website and watch the whole seminar there!

  I must say that Rebecca, who now hosts the BC seminars, is as good as her predecessor, Melissa!


 Sorry, Rebecca, I didn't mean to chop off your head!

 After:











1 comment: