Monday 12 October 2015

Fruits and flowers of Blondin Park

Today I will share a few sunny pictures from a small green enclave between Northfields and Boston Manor, part of what is called Blondin Park from the name of a 19th century tight rope acrobat who lived nearby.
 I haven't yet explored the fenced area by the pond, but it seems there is a way to get in as I saw some young lads sitting there when I was leaving the park. There is a particular corner by the pond that seems worth visiting. A medicinal herbalist of the name Suzie Smith planted some herbs on that spot.




 Couldn't resist that! Got off my bicycle and walked towards these flowers...

Idyllic... Five minutes by bike and you are back in London, can you believe that?
 Doesn't it look like a perfect apple? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I did not realise that Park was so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it is not as big as it looks, especially comparing to other green spaces of Ealing, but if you enter The Blondin Park Nature Reserve, you find yourself in a different world, like in a proper countryside. I only discovered it this autumn. Until recently I thought the park was only plain open green with trees and shrubs around, and some adjacent allotments. I love that place and am not sure if am doing the right thing revealing this well kept secret haven here... :-) (Just as well few people read my blog...) :-)

      Delete