Saturday 5 March 2016

Cycling north of Acton and Ealing

Yesterday I cycled north of my habitat, towards Wembley, and stopped a good few times to take pictures as the weather was just perfect: clear blue sky mostly. (My hands, though in gloves, wished it was warmer.) I missed the first interesting opportunity: the Polish Village Bakery and some shops or warehouses on the way to The Great Union Canal. At the canal crossing I did stop. First, a couple of Canadian geese on the grass by the water were photographed. Then I looked around and saw some colourful graffiti (or murals?) showing various scenes related to the local industrial history, I guessed.



I also took a picture of more wall paintings looking towards the passageway leading to Stonebridge Park and then crossed the footbridge stopping to photograph dozens of birds flying towards some food an old man brought them. Even the two geese left the comfy grass bank and hurriedly swam to join in the feast.
I also saw mosaics on the long wall leading from the canal to the street and then cycled left as it seemed more interesting. I was thinking of stopping for lunch at a Lebanese place where the road was taking a right turn, but decided that I could still do it on the way back, or I could find some other place when I get more hungry. I don't know what I missed as I took a completely different route home. Cycling on I saw the towers of the Hindu Temple and after photograhing a strange church opposite Alperton Station and considering whether to start going back, I chose to carry on further, especially, that I saw a map near the station where a park with some museum I hadn't known of was shown.
I did get to the temple and so many other God and gods' houses plus a lot more.  One day come back here and you may see the pictures! :-)





And, having mentioned God and gods, I feel compelled to share this link with those of you who are into reading! Have you heard about this man?


No comments:

Post a Comment