Monday 17 October 2016

West Ealing visited in a jolly company

Hello Dear Reader!
Are you curious what's happening here? A lot, actually. So much there is no time to keep you posted! However, I will provide you with a few pictures of West Ealing where I took a few people last Saturday. It was nice to be able to show them the area, to talk and to get to know each other. A few times we stopped to passers-by and some local business owners. I was very sad to learn that the lady who I had seen so many times had passed away recently. Now her sons run the fruit and veggie stall like her parents and grandparents did. The stall in Leeland Rd has been there for over eighty years but it isn't going to go on for much longer. There is nobody to take over as none of the six sons' children is going to continue the family tradition.

 










 
The walk took place on October 15th which was the third anniversary of Jessica Huntley's death. She was one of really special people to have lived in West Ealing for many decades. You can read about her and her husband, Eric Huntley's, achievements in my older posts. Btw, I noticed Eric today while cycling through West Ealing and stopped my bike to have a quick chat.
And how was your day, Dear Reader?:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment