Thursday 27 April 2017

Thursday morning in West Acton

Cycling to school past The Holy Family School this morning I met one of my students who was taking her son to school. She cycles too! What a cold morning it was, one of these days when it looks like spring or summer but feels like winter! The morning conversation class was dominated by our memories from the South Ealing tour last Saturday. That's because one student joined me with her two children. She had pictures developed so everyone could see how much fun we had.
On the way back I popped it to the school and had a nice chat at the reception. I left the ARTification posters there. We have several exciting events coming up as you can find out from the website.
Cycling on home through the conservation area now nicknamed 'Little Japan', I stopped at another venue to pay an unexpected visit. So many times had I passed the Japan Services letting agency, a smallish white detached building with unusual large rocks by the entrance. The moment I pushed the door I saw that the interior was rather spacious. There were many desks and tables, and quite a few people who welcomed me in. Immediately I explained that I am not interested in renting a property, but it didn't seem to matter. I was invited to sit down and had a long conversation with mostly me explaining about mine and ARTification projects. I also found out about the rocks outside and may tell you about  them one day, maybe on one of the next tours of the area?




No comments:

Post a Comment