Monday 19 June 2017

Bedford Park instead

Bedford Park Festival is one of this very British events that take place every summer. Of course, I don't need to explain to you that Bedford Park is not a park, the festival is held on the green grass of Acton Green along the underground line between Turnham Green and Chiswick Park stations! Well, Poles did help to break the Enigma code, but it was done on the English soil, so here we go, a bit of mystery and puzzle!  This year, for the 50th time, it attracts people from near and far. I went there twice on the same day this year. First, before the tour of Acton and then instead of the scheduled Acton route because it was something special. At the local church, St Michael's and All Angels, I had a pleasant chat with the two artist ladies at the information desk next to the local art exhibition which I keenly saw. One of them was Pamela Garnet Lawson and the other lady's name I cannot recall at the moment, unfortunately. I linked Pamela's website so you can find out all about her and her art (all that she wants us to know, I mean).
I was in time at the festival venue to see Sir Peter Blake on stage and to find a bargain hair band. Later on, at one of the festival stalls I met a long lost friend who co-runs Omushana, a small charity supporting communities around Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in South-West Uganda. They work on locally developed projects to improve opportunities for children. I am full of admiration for people like Diane, who give their time and energy to good causes having reached the retirement age.

No comments:

Post a Comment