Saturday 24 November 2018

Gunnersbury Park and Museum revamped

 First, I cycled around the re-done Gunnersbury Park. It felt good to be there again. The museum was not yet open but I could see the building. It felt soulless and un-authentic. Unfortunately, a visit to the museum disappointed me as well. Maybe I need to go again to warm to it?

On entering the building I was threatened but this light precariously balanced above the reception area which now looks like any other souvenir shop in any other recently re-done touristy places. It's become like yet another UK high street or a shopping mall. Soulless. Actually, it's not that I dislike this hanging lamp/illuminated wire/ strange neon as if from God's Own Junkyard in Walhamstow. I wonder if it was at all inspired by the huge structure hanging above you as you enter the Victoria and Albert Museum.

                                                 



No comments:

Post a Comment