Sunday 25 November 2018

Walk and talk with me!


There is beauty in old trees!
Hope you are well and that you will be interested to read my news. It's been a while. 

You may know I offer relaxing, informative and entertaining walks around different areas of London, especially of the borough of Ealing where I live.

For today, Sunday 25 November, I arranged a 2-hour walk from South Ealing Station which celebrates the local Polish connections. 2018 marks 100 years of Polish independence and I can tell you more about my home country and why so many Poles chose Ealing as their second home. We can stop by at the excellent L'oro di Napoli restaurant after the tour or take advantage of a half-price offer of tea, coffee or hot chocolate at the Five Sisters Coffee Shop.  The walks usually cost £10 pp, children come free but you look after them! 
Medical Aid For Poland charity shop 


Mr Mleczko opened his first shop in Shepherds Bush years ago and now his sons keep expanding the family business.







I don't think many people will recognise this interior 






Also, I would like to announce my next free OPDC walks. If you wish to attend, you need to register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/free-walking-tour-the-changing-face-of-lower-place-tickets-52611176445 . The other, 12 December walk of former Guinness Works, will be announced shortly.

Moreover, next Wednesday 28 December, at 11 am you can meet me at Ealing Common Station for a visit to the Polish Underground Archives which until not so long ago were a real secret!


On December 9th, Sunday, the meeting place is West Acton Station to explore the GWR estate and meet the vicar of St Gabriel's Church for a chat about the church, its history and architecture. There is hope for tea or coffee and a biscuit!:-) I love so much about this church, especially its history, the congregation and the blue painting which I'd love to show you!
Conway Pharmacy in West Acton 




North Acton Playing Fields


December 16th means meeting in a secret location (Private Message me for details) to explore another area of Acton on the way to Christmas Carol service at St Dunstan's, East Acton in the evening.

I am also arranging a walk from North Acton Station to visit KOLBE HOUSE in Hanger Lane (more Polish connections). This has to be on a weekday. If you are interested, please pm me.

If you have friends or relations visiting, feel like some sightseeing with a difference or would like to walk and/or talk, maybe learning English at the same time, just contact me and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to hearing from or meeting you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment