Saturday 23 August 2014

Magda's bench

Riding a bicycle in Pitshanger Park earlier today I stopped by a bench under the trees and read this:
PhotoPhoto

Who was Magda Cole? I don't know... Some people loved her. She died in her early fifties and she was Polish. RIP Magda.
....

I have just come across a text about the life of Anne of Cleves which I thought you might want to read. She could consider herself lucky compared to other wives of the monarch who got married six times. Richmond Palace is mentioned in the text. This palace was one of the first buildings in history to be equipped with a flushing lavatory, invented by Elizabeth I's godson, Sir John Harington  (one of Her Royal Highness' 102 godchildren). Mind you, Henry VIII had earlier installed flushing latrines at Hampton Court.
....

No comments:

Post a Comment