Monday 26 September 2016

Four men at a table at The Acton Trade Union Club



I was cycling home past The Trade Union Club in Acton High last Wednesday (Sept 21, 2016) evening. Being curious as I am, I couldn’t help stopping by to find out what the poster in the window was about.
 
Then I walked in and saw another poster saying there was a play on at 8pm (very soon) that night so I climbed the stairs and entered the room.

 Had I walked directly onto the stage?
 
 The interior was empty but for a busy table in the middle with four not exactly young men by it. They were debating on the proposed changes to the public transport in Ealing, but welcomed me keenly. About the performance they knew nothing. Bus schedules, train timetables and changes to routes are an important matter to everyone so the men were happy to involve  members of the public in the consultation. I was given a website address: http://www.eptug.org/  to share in the Contactus EALING magazine so more people could have a say in what is being planned for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment