Tuesday 16 May 2017

Along the Grand Union Canal

You can join the canal towpath at any point.  That warm and sunny May Sunday I accessed it on a bike going down one of the side streets from St Dunstan's Church Hall in Boston Manor Road. My plan was to cycle to Southall in order to make arrangements for a walking tour of the area.

But could I not stop to take pictures on the way?





Earlier on I overheard someone asking for  directions to St Margaret's and my instant thought was they meant the area near Richmond. I totally forgot about this place in Hanwell despite having many times visited a  former student who lived near St Margaret's Rd.
 I wasn't quick enough to take a picture of a violent fight between this swan and a Canada goose. You can see the winner below.

 One of many locks regulating the canal makes you think of the busy bygone days of water transport.















No comments:

Post a Comment