Saturday 9 May 2015

Sausages and politics in Sheen, palace site and bridges in Richmond

A kind Sheen butcher changed the notes into coins sparing me an expedition to the bank. After all time is money, they say.;-)  He knows I sometimes publish pictures of his shop front attractions, maybe this helped?
I took a picture inside as well this time:
...

 Running between the two Sheen Octavia shops today I popped in the Polish grocer's and was treated to absolutely delicous biscuits. See them on the round tray?

These are the biscuits to look for! They come in rectangular boxes!
...
To be frank with you, as a child I knew nothing of the sock monkey toys. However, they've been around for around a hundred years becoming extremely popular during The Great Depression in America! Yesterday a father bought one for his kid and let me take a picture (of the monkey, I'm sure you can tell!):
...
It was on a cloudy Friday morning when I photographed Her Majesty in Upper Richmond Road:
 ...
Two pictures caught my attention  in a coffee table book of black and white photographs of the 20th century Britain. Why these ones? Probably because of the parliamentary elections in Britain last Thursday and because of the recent Labour Day...

Coal miners working in terrible conditions...

Left: Christine Keeler. She gained 'fame' owing to a brief affair with a Consevative minister in the early 1960s.It brought about his downfall as she was having a relationship with a Russian diplomat at the same time, during The Cold War... Right: some famous man a decade or so later, in the same or similar chair. BTW, the scandal and the picture made these chairs famous.

....
This Saturdy was May Fair Day in Richmond Green. I saw the end of it when I broke the commute in the picture-poscard suburbian town.:-)




...
The less of the day was left, the sunnier it got so I decided to take a stroll via the site of the old royal palace by the river, and under the bridgest, along The Old Deer Park. Then my camera said: STOP, just like me when I add these pictures:



















When I returned home, the friendly neighbours cat greeted me affectionately and we both came upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment