Thursday 7 May 2015

'Only Fools and Horses' avid fan

Do you know the 1970s comedy series 'Only Fools and Horses'? If you don't, find it and watch it. You may like it or not, but ut still has lots and lots of fans. Many expressions have made their way to everyday language, like the ever so popular one: 'lovely jubbly', originally from an advertising slogan for an orange soft drink called Jubbly. I heard it all over the world, especially from waiters as far as Istanbul, Manilla and recently Morocco!:-)
And you know what?
Yesterday I met probably the greatest living fan of  'Only Fools and Horses'! He has recreated the van from the movie and is recreating the flat as well. You can actually hire the car from hima, along with a driver who looks like one of the characters. Just go to his website here.www.onlyfoolsandhorsescarhire.co.uk !

And look at his leg:
This must be true love and devotion. (Mind you, there is no love that would make me get a tatoo or even the ears pierced, but that's me...)

 True passion!

'Delboy' has been on television, in many programs. They do not ring the bell to me as I do not watch television at all, I think I've mentioned that.:-)

Now, the most important item still on the 'to find' list are the curtains from the brothers' flat:

Can anyone help? If you know where to get such curtains, please get in touch with John throgh his website mentioned below.

John, as that's my new acquintance's name is, told me that he and his friend(s) eagerly take part in variously charity events. You can invite them. They come in the van and as long as you don't expect them to fast all day, they will pose for pictures all day for one pound per person. All this money goes to charity! That's what I gathered! Easy-peasy, innit?;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment