Tuesday 2 February 2016

Candlemass at the Polish Church in Ealing Broadway

Quite by chance I had an opportunity to listen to a rather angelic voice at the Polish church in Ealing Broadway tonight. I was going to meet one of the priests to thank him for his help at a diffucult time some years ago and it turned out that many more people decided to go to confession at the time. I was sitting in the church waiting quietly and saw some people setting up microphones and similar stuff. A music rehearsal? I wondered. It was an evening mass and many people were holding candles. Well, no wonder! It was Candlemass, forty days after Christmas!

At the festive evening service which I didn't attend the church was fully packed. This picture I took afterwards.
 When I entered the meeting room I couldn't turn on the light. Therefore I used the flash to take these to pictures and to see my way.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment