Thursday 4 February 2016

Windmill Park and a musical Iranian dentist

This morning I cycled around Windmill Park Conservation Area south of Acton High Street. The encounter I would like to tell you about was with a man who came to England from Iran over 20 years ago and the first place he lived in was owned by a Polish woman. She arrived in England fleeing WWII Poland and has had a successful life as a landlady. The man was on the way to his dental practice where he emplys six Polish women. He asked me what I do to relax as he plays a string instrument from his country. He often does so at social occasions like parties and family gatherings. What if he met Amar who plays the saxophone, and David from Acton Arts Forum, and the man from the Ark who plays the oud plus... Lu Pradere, the master of ethnic African drums and they all improvised together? Oh, and Kristof could play the piano! Wouldn't it be fun?

Why did the man stop and we started talking? Because that's probably what we both do. And because he saw me take pictures so he wanted to tell me where else to go that's interesting in the area. Why not?















My phone battery is getting weaker and weaker... / Behold, Dear Friday Time and Tenses Students: Present Continuous for processes, remember?;-) / Therefore, the London Transport Museum Depot was the last picture I took on this outing and I need to go back so as to show you more of it, especially a special bench and mini-railway plus the Ice House, but the last one will depend on the friendliness of the guys who gather near it!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Doctors know that smokers sometimes have "relapse" when they try to quit. Let him know you are trying and get him on your side. dental cleaning

    ReplyDelete