Thursday 24 November 2016

I met Kevin who played Prince Philip. No, not this one.

London, The Actors Touring Company at the Lyric Studio. Director: Mark Brickman. 1988. (British stage premiere) - this is about the play 'Ivona - Princess of Burgundia' by a Polish avangarde playwright, Witold Gombrowicz. It was easy to find the name of the troupe. I just needed to scroll down this page.You will be able to read much more about the grotesque tragi-farce play and the man himself. What made me look for it in the first place? Wouldn't my Dear Reader like to rightly ask?
Wouldn't I tell you? If I had the whole time of this world, or at least a bit more than I do, I would make it a long story and I bet you'd enjoy it, Dear Reader, provided you'd have the time to read it all. However, we are both short of time, aren't we? So let me tell you quickly. Well, yesterday I met Kevin O'Donohoe, the man who played Prince Philip in this performance:

 The Royal Court of King Ignatius and Queen Margaret is thrown into disarray when Prince Philip announces that he intends to marry the ugliest, vilest, most loathsome and lowliest creature in the kingdom: IVONA...

No comments:

Post a Comment