Saturday 25 May 2013

Living rock legend's birthplace and... trains!

Weekend public transport permitting, I'll set foot in the town where Mick Jagger was born. It's not going to be a long visit, need to catch a bus from there to go further east. It would be nice if it stayed sunny for the rest of the day.
....
It did stay sunny and dry. The trip was a pleasant one. There were frequent trains from London Bridge and I didn't need to wait long for the connection and after around forty minutes I got off. The destination railway station is undergoing major improvements  at the moment and due to the number of steps is not recommended to walking impaired. I wish I'd known that...
When I finally descended from the last flight of steps and walked ahead in search of a bus stop, I spotted these cute plagues. I hope they won't be removed during the redecoration process:






And now you can find out the name of the place:

.....
Let me add a few pictures of trains and tracks my phone snapped from the railway footbridge in Skarzysko-Kamienna  on 25 March 2011. If only it had been sunny...









No comments:

Post a Comment