Tuesday 19 March 2013

Net distractions and Michalik's Den!;-)

It's been a week today since my knee was drilled.... I've been suggested to find out if it would be possible to rent a wheelchair at a Krakow museum or art gallery and take advantage of my stay here. Having started looking, I came across the news about another branch of The National Museum to open later this year in Plac Sikorskiego (Sikorski Square). Another piece of news caught my eye, because it mentioned a collection of The Tarnowski's of Dzikow. A few weeks ago I visited this interesting residence and added some pictures in one of my posts. The National Museum received some donations to purchase a few paintings from the Dzikow Collection. They can be seen here: http://www.muzeum.krakow.pl/NewsItem.1483.0.html?&cHash=fbbe312d6803d04b3ba11cef8fcf396b&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1482&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5702. I don't think there is an English version of the text, though. My favourite painting there is the one of thistles and butterflies, also because of its symbolism. :-)


....
This evening we met a friend at the legendary Jama Michalikowa, Krakow artistic cafe and restaurant.






To our complete satisfaction,we were recommended to try chocolate gateau and hazelnut layer cake:


Tee with blackcurrant jam was absolutely delicious:





















I can't write more, we are hysterical with laughter looking at over 130 snaps of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment