Thursday 28 March 2013

Going north of Krakow!

Just to tell you, it's a sunny morning in Krakow! Unfortunately, clouds arrived before we set off heading home. Some blue sky peered out again when we entered The Holy Cross Mountains region, north of Krakow. However, there is more snow here in Skarzysko than in Krakow. It's colder and more windy too.





Entering Słomniki, you go past an abandoned synagogue:



There is a church with spectacular towers in the centre of Slomniki, but I didn't manage to take a snap. I was  most lucky with this by-gone era edifice:




Driving past this wooden church I'm always tempted to stop by and see the inside....











We stopped at 'Leśne Echa (Forest Echoes), a roadside inn between Kielce and Konskie. The owners haven't changed, their daughter was my student many years ago. I met her mother in hospital after a biking accident several years ago. It was nice to learn that the young woman lives a happy family life raising two kids.



We reached my dwelling from Wilenska Street greeted by more snow than in Krakow.


No comments:

Post a Comment