Sunday 28 April 2013

What's up in Skarzysko?

My friend whose home is Skarzysko, where we both grew up, has told me about some recent initiatives in the field of culture.:-) Yesterday he attended a percussion workshop at the nearby Wachock cultural centre where I once had a pleasure to introduce on stage my great friend - Alan, the Ripon hornblower at the time. He blew the ancient instrument for the audience gathered to celebrate The Wąchock Festival, like he did for many years performing the centuries-old duty. Alan preceded the current watchman whose website can be visited here: http://the-ripon-hornblower.webs.com/ Alan has so many stories to tell about his many years of service.
Back to Skarzysko and Wachock, though. Picking me up from the airport, my friend had to forgo an evening jazz concert at the Skarzysko Town Cultural Centre which followed the workshop.
However,  tonight there is a different concert to enjoy: a gospel one. It closes a gospel workshop which took place in our hometown. I may go to it, who knows... :-)
I simply don't get it when people say they are bored, there is nothing to do where they live. You just need to look around, there is plenty going on and if nothing suits you, start doing whatever clicks your heels!

And here are two pictures related to my return flight with Mr Ryan:
Captured at Ciampino airport

Mr Ryan's on-board menu (see brackets)
''''''''''''''
I'm back from the gospel concert. It was nice to see so many people come to the event. There were a hundred and fifty people in the quire on stage, all obedient to Peter Francis, a black gospel singer from London who took two days to prepare the concert with them.


My respect goes to a young beautiful woman called Sylwia who organised the whole event!

No comments:

Post a Comment