Saturday 12 July 2014

A church on the corner


I was biking around Ealing Common and noticed that there was some activity at a little church on the corner. I had never seen this church open before. I got off my bike and went to explore. Yes, there were music exams held at the church. Following arrows I went to the other side of the building and met a young lad with a 'Steward' badge. To my delight, he didn't present the typical English attitude 'I'm sorry, but you cannot enter!' sort of thing and allowed me to look inside, and take pictures. The inside was like most of Victorian churches. Now I know and that's what counts.
Why is this church special? For at least two reasons, I should think. It's worth knowing why it was built and what stood there before... But maybe you already know that...






On leaving the church I found a path and followed it till I walked around the church. This is what I saw:










A house across the street from the church:

A few steps away, overlooking Ealing Common is this white house. Doesn't it resemble the houses behind the green gate of Ealing Village?
 

 
Can you believe it's not rural England, but the houses overlooking Ealing Common?

Last week I added pictures of this tree and flower combo. The flower's days are clearly numbered...

St Mathew's Church on the other side of the common:

What a refreshing green hue of the foliage:


No comments:

Post a Comment