Monday 21 July 2014

Baron's Court - Hammersmith Riverside - POSK - homely Ealing

This month every morning I get off at Baron's Court. When it's sunny and I rush to cross Talgarth Road to be stopped at the traffic lights, I look around and cannot help noticing pretty sights like these:


Finishing early today, I took my friends to the riverside in Hammersmith. We parked ourselves at The Dove where Ernest Hemingway, Dylan Thomas and the like had a pint or two before us... Well, I succeeded to drag them past two or three watering holes on the river front promising them the river view pub terrace. I didn't even try to suggest going a few steps further so they could see William Morris house and studio and look at Chiswick and Barnes river fronts ahead of us. However, as I was leaving early, I couldn't resist making a leap to look at one of my favourite spots in the area:

 Nothing has changed. You can still visit the house on Thursday and Saturday afternoons.

Then I photographed the cute MG for my nephew who is into cars at the moment:


And I walked back past the pub where my friends stayed to enjoy yet another drink:




Before turning my back on the river, I took a picture featuring the green Hammersmith Bridge between the lamp posts:

A short walk and I was near Ravenscourt Station. How not to visit The Polish Cultural Centre (POSK)?
I did. And I saw a photo exhibition:



Then I took District Line and landed in Ealing Broadway, did some shopping at the corner shop, went home, had some water and... fell asleep for a good few hours. It's been so hot and humid today. That must have had an effect upon me...
.........................................................

I like living in Ealing. It's pretty and there is everything here: shops, restaurants, pubs, an art gallery and a lot more... 'Alice in the Walled Garden' will be performed at Walpole Park in Ealing between 21st and 25th of August, I gathered from a flyer displayed at Gunnersbury Museum. I wonder if one of my very dear students would be interested to see the performance. I will always remember his own homework stories about Alice in Wonderland... We've been friends ever since, he's English is getting better and better. He often goes to the theatre, sometimes we go together. He always choses interesting plays to see. But, to be frank with you, I am a bit afraid to invite him, in case it turns out a flop. You see, a year or two ago I initiated meeting at The Roundhouse to see some new production and it turned out a a waste of time. Another time I found a comedy at a small theatre in North London. It was supposed to be hilarious, but turned out to be embarrassingly vulgar instead. Well, how could I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment