Monday 28 July 2014

Missing school. Ants at work. A lot with a rainbow.;-)

A different Monday today: no school anymore. I miss the class and all the fantastic people I met on the course.
It feels a bit flat today not to be at school, challenged by different tasks and having a lot of fun while learning. Yes, although hard work, learning with Devon and Claire was inspiring, enlightening and good fun, and that's very important!
....
At lunchtime I was watching the ants working hard in the garden. Can you see how big is the piece the ant is carrying?
 
Nature surprises me all the time...
 
This evening I went by bike to Duke's Meadows in Chiswick. It wasn't as straightforward to cycle there as I had thought. First, I got muddled up at the big roundabout at the end of Gunnersbury Road. Second time I had to ask a woman just before a footbridge over the railroad. She told me I was miles away from my destination. Well, that was an exaggeration, but indeed, it was still a long way to go. But I made it. 
 
On the way I saw a funfair in Ealing Common. Lots of Muslim families with children gathered to celebrate the end of Ramadan.



When I finally reached the river, I thought I was nearly there...
But I wasn't...

Seeing the abandoned public toilets on Duke Meadows, I knew for sure I was near.

Allotments are fun!

There was a lot of produce on my friend's lot:





Suddenly Lu noticed a spectacular rainbow!




Evening primrose was opening more and more flowers for us as the day was turning into the night:




 Good night!
 

ik

No comments:

Post a Comment