Tuesday 14 October 2014

A tour of London

Monday meant showing London to my overseas relative! Today more of it! I am in my element!
Photo

Dr Johnson was proven right yet again by my sister-in law. Having not slept for 24 hours, she was ready to see the sights of London almost as soon as we came from the airport and was at it till very late, despite more or less heavy rain most of the time! I like such tourists, I certainly do!

We got off at Bond Street and headed towards Piccadilly. When it rained too heavily, we entered Sotheby's and had a look around. Elona took a picture of the lamps her hubby would like. Who knows? There are still a few days till the auction...
Photo

Here are a few more pictures from the famous auction house:
Photo Photo
 

It was still raining as we walked on through Mayfair looking at the impressive buildings, elegant shop windows and historic places. I was so glad to have someone  to show London to.

We walked through the Burlington Arcade and to meet The Dandy at the end of Piccadilly Arcade with their many little shops selling items for very high prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment