Wednesday 15 October 2014

Shooting in The White House!

Where will we go today?

Today we will explore the area to the north of my abode. Those who know my whereabouts are likely to guess where we may 'land'.:-)
...
All right, all right, I'm telling you now, with pictures!

You may wonder how come we went to the London White House today. You see, my guest was leaving the UK later in the day and I couldn't accompany her to Stansted due to an important appointment. Thus, with limited time, I wanted to show her something special in my area. Thus I contacted Prince Zylinski and Ewa, his assistant. The next day I was informed that we could come along.

And off we went. That is Elona walked and I rode my bicycle to catch up with my exercise! I don't know if she took any pictures of me cycling...  And I cannot aske her now as she is in mid-air!

I asked her to pose by one of the more decorated red-brick houses in the neighbourhood. My next photo-stop was in the White House garden which you cannot see from the street, but I know Elona photographed the entrance gate a few times.

 

Ewa let us in through the gate and opened the house for us. We didn't want to trouble her with tea or coffee-making which she kindly offered. It was an ordinary working day for her and I knew she had plenty to do in the office. The prince wasn't in and we had the whole 'Ealing Palazzo' to our precious selves!

Well, the two pictures below were my idea, but I must say Elona looks better behind the desk. Thus I will keep the picture showing me to myself.
 

The greatest discovery about my sister-in law? The fact that she takes loads of pictures, maybe even more than I do! Can you imagine? Besides, she has no problem with being photographed! Excellent, isn't it? And fun!

 

 

I've been meaning to take a good picture of the blue vases since I first saw them and now I did so. The Golden Horseman also came out nicely. Ewa told us that there are plans to continue the celebrations in Kaluszyn every September.
 

The previous time I was showing the house to large groups of people during The Open House weekend. It was good gun too. Would you like to visit this (French inspired) Polish manor on the English soil? Just let me know.:-)

 

See you next time, The White House!


Look at the golden leaves on the pavement:


Now this colour makes me think of the White House up the road. I imagine Prince Janek Zylinski dancing as The Black Swan in the opulent Golden Room which sometimes turns into a ballroom. Then I think of a masquerade and guests dressed up dancing to court music...

And here we are going back home, and the fairy tale house is left behind waiting for its owner to come back and enjoy its jolly gold in abundance on the grey and gloomy days that have come and may stay here for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment