Wednesday 29 October 2014

To Basel stopping at Poitier

Here is yet another invitation from my friend Beni in Basel:

 -PIB- THE PATAPHYSICAL INSTITUT BASEL
presents

Patapysische Topologien II

from Friday Oktober 31th - Saturday November 15th,
the exhibition will feature a selection of works an stories about the
first tour with UMO(UbuMObil), which took us from Basel over Stockholm to
Berlin and Amsterdam this summer. Associated artists and friends will
show their artworks, performances, theater, music and more out of the
world of pataphysical discoveries.

The exciting program will vary daily, for daily program and more
details, please visit our website pataphysical.net
or facebookgroup Patapysical Institute Basel
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pataphysical-Institute-Basel-PIB-/361972100615779?fref=ts>

we are delighted to welcome you!

Roi Ubus followers

SCH/neider/mid

Ursle Schneider, photographer, designer, bike messenger, pataphysic, UMOdriver
Beni Schmid, mechanical constructor, processdesigner, bike messenger, all&nothing, UMOdriver

Vernissage/Opening: Freitag 31. Oktober, 18:07 bis 21:59
Vogesenstrasse 23, Hinterhof, St. Johann, 4056 Basel

Ursle and Beni, one day I will arrive in Basel, be sure of it!:-)
...
A few days later I am back here to share my discovery of an artist - pataphysician: Thomas Chimes! The opening of the linked above article may tempt you to read it, I daresay:

'Despite his early success in New York, Chimes chose to heed the advice of Marcel Duchamp, who predicted that the "great artist of tomorrow" would need to go
"underground" to avoid the insidious influence of the commercial art world. Inspired by Duchamp's famous statement, Chimes has continued to live and work in Philadelphia, always in search of his next big idea rather than commercial success.'

Not seeking commercial success? That makes me think of Yousif Naser, an Iraqi painter and a good friend who is about to have yet another exhibition in France. 
  This picture features in the poster for Yousif's exhibition. You know? If I was free as a bird, I'd go to the opening and enjoy the company of his many friends, some of whom I was privileged to meet here in London. From there I would travel to Basel to attend Beni and Ursle's event: Patapysische Topologien II. Then I would make it to Berlin to see my friend who keeps inviting me... I'd stay a few days in each of these places soaking in the atmosphere and capturing the sights... If I were in Berlin, it would be just a leap to Wroclaw where I could pay a surprise visit to my relations and enjoy this beautiful historic city.

No comments:

Post a Comment