Thursday 2 April 2015

Ponny on the tree, Polonia Club upstairs

What can I do? It's 9 pm, I only just got home and sat here with a cup of black leaf tea. It's Abu Jabal, Yemeni tea from my usual dear supplier in the land of King Saud. Ideally, I would have it with a piece of a proper Polish cake, but no such luck. However, I'll be honest with you. I've found a piece of dark chocolate and am slowly enjoying it with some nuts and raisins. It's been a long and busy day. After work I stopped in Richmond again, like a few days before, and took a mini-detour between the bus stops which led to an encounter with a tree-dwelling ponny:
Photo

Then I took pictures ofsome shop windows on the street leading to the bus station:
Photo Photo
I didn't at all expect the little Polish restaurant next to these shops would still be open, but as the door looked inviting and I had a long way home and no dinner awaiting when I get there, I walked uo the stairs and was lucky. It was possible to order some food!
 Photo Photo Photo Photo

I chose a portion of bigos (a Polish-style hunter's stew) . This nourishing dish  gets better every time you heat it up. Waiting for my plate to arrive I took a picture of the homely interior and of a wall hanging which the owners brought from their holiday in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment