Thursday 25 October 2012

Handlebar mustache for a start on Thursday

My grandfather had an immaculate handlebar mustache so when they talked about it on the radio I googled the term and found out about the club: http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/index.php .  When I found out who qualifies to be a member, I had to google again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsute  and then it was high time to stop googling and dash to work.

The qualification for membership is: 
"a hirsute appendage of the upper lip, with graspable extremities" 
and in addition, we specify that beards are not allowed.



From the exciting topic of hair let me move on to a hairy canine taking an interest in soft toys:


I thought the hen was pretty and useful:


Then a patterned beret nicely filled the space among the elephants on an armchair:


And later in the day, I could spot a wooden monkey:


But that was at the end of a little detour which took me to The Pitshanger House and Gallery in Ealing.
I walked across Ealing Common which couldn't really show off its autumnal beauty deprived of the flattering sunsine. Despite that, I took some pictures, including the one of The Netherlands Circus in the middle, and of the chestnut tree avenuues planned by Charles Jones, Ealing first architect.

 This little splash of deep green on the tree trunk, isn't it cute?
I remember, my mother had a beautiful evening dress in a very similar colour. She looked stunning in it with her black hair done up in a geisha style. She has always been such an elegant woman. :-)

She would like to see Sir John Soane's suburban retreat and I will make sure to make her peer through the window into the illuminated breakfast room with its ilusionist painting on the ceiling showing lovely blue sky, surely to put the architect and his family in the good mood for the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment