Monday 29 October 2012

When I rolled up the blind this morning, I saw the ginger feline neighbour 'on stage'; still like an ornamental sculpture.   Can you spot her? :-)


She didn't stay there for long, probably made her way back home seeing the ground was wet. 

A bit later the sun got through the clouds for a while and I just managed to catch a nice autumn view:


I tried to avoid getting a single magpie in the shot, in case somebody superstitious notices it. This bird will always remind me of a tour around Scotland I led long ago, when on seeing these birds I told the tourists about this superstition and tried to teach them the old rhyme on seeing magpies:
'One for a sorrow, two for a joy, three for a girl, four for a boy!' Many women agreed that having seen two, they would stop looking, just in case...
Some time later I felt really sweet when one of the tourists sent me some pictures from our tour and one of them was of the two magpies on the roof of Glenfiddich Distillery in Speyside. At the end of the tour when everybody was treated to some of their jolly product, they didn't neglect me and the drivers. We received beautifully presented small bottles of the golden water for an off-duty moment! One more observation regarding the distillery tour:  we visited castles, museums, palaces, markets,  places of natural beauty and many other attractions; nobody wanted to know any extra bits about making tartan  at James Pringle Weavers..; but none of these places  would ever receive so much attention from the visitors, so many really detailed questions regarding the various stages of  production process. I had a hard time interpreting there, needless to say. It's not my theme..

No comments:

Post a Comment