Thursday 18 October 2012

Unnecessarily awake

Here, in London, the birds are waking up. I'm well ahead of them, unnecessarily, as it's only 6 am and still dark. Just as well, there are not so many of them now as in the summer. Not funny to be up when you could and should be fast asleep. The pain in the right hand is haunting me again at small hours. Carpal tunnel syndrome, I've been diagnosed with and recommended a simple surgery to unblock the trapped nerve in the wrist area. Yeah, tough decision. I'm scared that the surgery may cause some other damage.. You know, I've heard the stories...  Tried to think for a moment about yesterday and recalled walking from Westbourne Grove to Notting Hill Gate in the evening. Going past a Greek Orthodox Church and very soon after, an Anglican one, and then past a Jewish temple almost opposite, brought back memories of numerous walks in the Old Town of Damascus where all the religions seemed to coexist so peacefully and an ordinary tourist would not anticipate all the present turmoil ... How incredibly kind and helpful were the people! So many great memories... May peace return to Syria!


The day before, Thursday it was, I was walking across the elegant Holland Park and took a few pictures, as I do. This one I quite like:

No comments:

Post a Comment