Saturday 20 October 2012

Post-Friday post


20/10/2012

Post-Friday Post

Saturday started for me when the alarm rang at 9am and I had to admit I had a bad headache again, which I immediately fixed with the prescribed potion and a lie-in. Now I'm OK, the washing machine is playing its tune, whole-week and older imperfections of the flat maintenance are clearly visible in the brightness of the not-so-bright day.When I looked out of the window, I saw a whole row of pigeons sitting orderly on the roof opposite. Gradually they are flying away, now there is a couple left. Oh, a magpie joined, just on the corner. Now it's left. One pigeon followed. How many are still on the roof? :-) How fascinating!

Anyway, I wanted to say that I am so pleased with yesterday. Nice people met at work during my half-day at Queensway. An old lady who used to make fur coats, a young mother with a pram, black covered top to bottom with a gap for the most beautiful eyes who was looking for an extra suitcase before travelling back to Riyadh, a pretty, petite Brazilian young wife with her mother-in law with whom we had a laugh when the young one went to try on a summer from with big KISS ME print on the front and a young male customer pretended he got inspired...

Now, the time is running fast. Let me just mention other highlights of the Friday: 

-watching a brilliant film titled 'Barbara' with a friend whose name is, you guess! ;-) All Barbaras I know are amazing, I must say! I actually went to the cinema! That's rare for me. What I didn't feel comfortable with, was the bright emergency exit light (or was it some other light..) just to the left of the screen. I know my headaches only wait for triggers like that...

-making it to meet a group of great people who always inspire me

- going to a gig with friends; unfortuantely, I stayed there only till before midnight and managed to see just the first band - amazing Rakija Balkan Ethno from.... Oslo, oh, and said hello to Katarina from the London Balkan Gypsy Fever I've known and admired for years. It was clear The Gypsy Fever were not to get on stage by midnight  and the last tube train would't be waiting for me. I've known the London group for years and have always enjoyed their concerts, because they are great fun and so relaxed. They started as The Red Hot Gypsy Fever and they still are pretty hot or maybe even hotter! I may check it out next time.:-)

So I am rather happy with  the Friday agenda, all worked well. Well... except one thing.. I needn't have eaten when I got home, that was a bit out of control and surely contribuited to this morning headache... 

As I'm still sorting out the abode, I've just listened to this brilliant, in my opinion man, Anthony De Mello: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkbRHqqVYEU. I must remember to tell the last joke to my ex-in-laws who recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary!

Rakija on stage!


Leaving the cinema I spotted a cute old car:





No comments:

Post a Comment