Wednesday 28 January 2015

Security. Encounters.

 
A friend was to bring me an over-the-counter nutritional supplement for my knee joints I need from Poland. It was confiscated from her cabin luggage at the airport.
...
And now a few words about my day:
I met a lady with four dogs, two pairs of canine brothers:
 Photo
That one was the friendliest and didn't wait long at all to ask for special attention:
Photo Photo

There were many nice people I met as well, including quite a few from Australia, a couple from Wales and an English guitarist who is soon going on tour to India!
The last customer was a girl from Australia who had my exquisite attention at the Octavia downstairs boutique in posh Knightsbridge. We both admired the most extraordinary ring and a few other items.
The ring looked as if it consisted of a few small glass containers to carry what? poison, love potion or something else seen in a film... 




 Photo

Then I persuaded Emily to try on this unusual hand-knitted piece. We figured out that this is how you wear it, but can we be sure?
Photo Thanks for posing for me, Emily!:-)

This pair of gloves didn't wait for an owner at all on the bitter-cold January Wednesday:
Photo It was brand new and made of several old wollen sweaters. That's what you call recycling!

There were also boots that I would call 'killer boots'. Wouldn't you?
Photo

Dear Keen Learner of English, do you know what this pot is called in English?
Photo
Enough of Brompton Rd Octavia 'treasures'.
................
 Now... Have you heard of... 'companion planting'?
For my friends with green fingers, I cannot resist adding this quote from dear Wiki:

Companion planting

Borage is used in companion planting.[17] It is said to protect or nurse legumes, spinach, brassicas, and even strawberries.[18] It is also said to be a good companion plant to tomatoes because it confuses the search image of the mother moths of tomato hornworms or manduca looking for a place to lay their eggs.[19] Claims that it improves tomato growth[20] and makes them taste better remain unsubstantiated.

No comments:

Post a Comment