Monday 5 January 2015

'Persian baby' in Ealing

The other evening I was dining at a Persian restaurant in Bond Street, Ealing Broadway. The beautiful waitress turned out to be an IT teacher from Teheran. She was amazed to find out that my friend had travelled extensively around her country and seen many places she hasn't. It was rather early so the place wasn't yet busy and we could chat with her. As I suspected, becaause of a big, blue tile covered 'stove' by the entrance, the restaurant has a 'mother' branch in East Sheen, and an older 'sibling' in Chiswick. The Ealing 'baby' only turned one just before Christmas, having replaced the tapas place. I quite like the interior deco showing the cultural heritage of Iran, but my favourite feature is the stained glass screen above the kitchen part at the back.

Photo Photo PhotoPhoto
Photo Photo

As to the food, we went for the special: grilled boneless chicken, saffron rice and salad with a glass of house wine which I had replaced with a large pot of black tea with fresh mint for over 8 pounds each. The We had no space for desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment