Saturday 13 September 2014

Let's explore together!/ Maya and her stained glass

Dear Readers, I owe you an explanation. My blogging is impeded by the fact that I have to operate between two computers, non of each is fully 'fit for purpose'. I can write on one and and pictures from the other and until this is solved, I am struggling.

Anyway, let's have a great weekend!:-) What are you plans?

My weekend is very busy and surely I will tell you something about it later.

Now I would like to announce a suggestion for a very special day-trip in October. We will need a car and a driver, and a front seat for me! The journey would take us to a unique place in beautiful surroundings and we would have a pleasure to meet a very special person. No doubt, we would take in many other sights on the way, as  we always do on such trips!

Moreover, some of you may know, but now I would like to make it obvious to all of you, Dear Readers, that an invitation to join me to on my seaside trips or visits to Poland, as well as hikes around London,  is always there. Just contact me to discuss the details!
...
How can I not tell you about an unexpected visit I paid my friend Maya at her stained glass studio in Acton.?

Here is Maya Stanic Stained Glass Studio in Acton:
 
 I was cycling eastwards after a short stop at Yousif Naser's life drawing class to see all the nice people there. Today, Hope, the model told me about working on a project where the teacher told his students about the techniques applied by the famous master and then they were trying to implement them. This time another girl I know was there. She'd missed some classes as a tragedy struck her family. Cancer killed her aunt. At the funeral a lot was said about numerous charitable activities the modest woman had been involved keeping all the details to herself.
Another girl told me about her passion for landscape photography. And, I was allowed to take a picture of the drawing which impressed me. I'm going to show it to you later.

I wasn't able to attend an exhibition opening at the Iraqi Cultural Centre. Yousif Naser was going there after his class to talk about the artist, his compatriot who has been living in Bulgaria for decades. Like Yousif and so many other Iraqis, he had to leave his own country...

The same happened to Maya Stanic when the war was raging in The Balkans. She arrived in London with a degree in Product Design in Product Design from an art school in Sarajevo as well as over a decade of experience in stained glass making here, in London.

I knew that Maya had moved her her studio from Chiswick to Acton a while ago. Invited to drop by when I'm in the area, I finally spotted Maya's workshop from my bike last week. This week I stopped by and walked in, with my bicycle. Maya looked very happy and showed me around her 'kingdom' of glass and metal works, told me about her various projects and explained how she combines glass of different texture in her designs.  I've just looked up her website and discovered that some of her works can be found here, in Ealing, where I live!

No wonder I missed her exhibition in July. I was doing an intensive course and had no time for anything else.

Bear with me, it will be a feast for the eyes when I add the pictures of her birds that were on display at The Hogarth Club in Chiswick!

Adding them just now, the next morning, before I get out my bike to go to Bretford Bike Hub to collect the bike lights I was promised last Sunday at Brentford Festival! I'm looking forward to meeting the Brentford bikers again!

And you, Dear Readers, enjoy Maya's birds I glass of various kinds:









Maya, please hear me:

Do not sell the birds! They speak of your talent, skills and creativity! And they are a pure joy to look at!













No comments:

Post a Comment