Tuesday 16 September 2014

Small world indeed!


Today I was at Octavia Ealing shop. I met a few interesting people there, one of The Questors Theatre actors popped in in search for a trench coat to wear in the next play he's in.He was the right person to find out if the Pitzhanger poets were meeting tonight. Why did I need to know that? Because a friend of mine, a keen poetry lover, was interested to go there. (And so we did! It was very interesting and inspiring! Every poem was different, each of them resonated with me.)
At work I met a young Polish girl who turned out to come from Cieszyn, a historic border town between Poland and the Czech Republic. The town and the area is quite familiar to me. I've been there many times as one of my closest friends from uni times lives there. Then I gave the name of my friend and to my surprise, the girl knows her well too. She used to play with her daughter as they used to be neighbours!  Isn't that incredible? Our mutual friend is Karolina Kania, an ethnographer, traveller and blogger, and of course I shall encourage you to follow her blog. She's recently been in Australia, and now is exploring... New Caledonia!

No comments:

Post a Comment