Sunday 14 September 2014

To Brentford Bike Hub


If you have read my previous post, you know I'm off to Brentford this morning to meet the team at the local branch London Bike Hub! See you later! :-)

When I met the Bike Hub people at Blondin Park last Sunday, they urged me to go to the opposite stand and get my bicycle serviced for free which I most eagerly did. This meant meeting two other great lads. One of them was working on a bike exactly the same as mine! What a coincidence! Actually, Ian was, as you can see in the background. The other guy immediately dropped the paperwork (one has to deal with that...) and sprang up from the chair to deal with mine. And there were things that needed some adjustments, brakes including. Everything was done with a smile. Nobody looked down on me for my proven lack of technical skills and abilities that more often than not sort of exasperates my offspring... ;-)



...
What a shock! I found the place in Brentford, marched in smiling, greeted by young employees and looked around to find the guy who had told me to come along and pick up some free bicycle lights, which are not brilliant, but better than none.  And there he was, or so I thought...  To my confusion, the man firmly denied knowing me at all and also said that he was in the Chilterns on the day of Brentford Festival so I can't have met him there and then. Well, how did I know about the shop and the free lights on offer? Slowly I found out that apart from him and the very young people working there, there was another man more or less our age, who was not in at the time of my visit. He offered me the freebies! To cut a long story short, I was more glad that the kerfuffle was over then I was about the free lights. But now I can laugh at it! It makes a good story. Pity, there is never enough time to tell you all these stories properly.


...
A few nice things about Brentford today:
- Brentford Market - every Sunday between 10 am and 2 pm at Market Place





- Brentford Conservation Area 




- meeting a pleasant local guide of a name Janet (you can meet her at Boston Manor House!)
- a stained glass door in a historic building 

- two Brentford cats!



- an idyllic spot with an Arts and Crafts house 

- a green-front pub building where once William Mallory Turner, the famous painter, lived:


- and more...

-Church to let, advertised as an ideal restaurant or bar location...





- and a street musician

No comments:

Post a Comment