Thursday 9 March 2017

An evening with Eat Me Drink Me at The Wonderland Collective, W3


So tonight I got to The Ealing Bites at the W3 Gallery pop-up shop almost an hour too early. That doesn't happen to me very often. However, having already left my bike under the best possible care of Ricardo at the George & Dragon next door, I had some time do do the errands and some to spare. As it turned out when I phoned home, I had left the lock key in the other jacket. That's the second time this week I've misplaced it. I can tell you what I did with the extra hour another time and now let me show you a few pictures of the evening with the local artists - artisans - entrepreneurs who form the Wonderland Collective and  their guests including yours truly!:-)

Look at all the nice stuff you can get there, in Acton High Street, until April 2nd! 




There were Handmade in Ealing chocolates to try and fall in love with. I had two this time! If my mother lived here, I would order a chocolate heart and raspberry kisses for her from Lucy! This incredible woman makes them all herself and only started to do so half a year ago! Last week Lucy told me how she got interested in chocolate making when she met a man on the bus years ago. That makes a great story!
I wish I had a better picture of this 'rainbowy' chocolate egg . Mind you, Dear Reader, I know 'rainbowy' is not really a word, but I have to tell you that I heard from Jeremy Harmer, a guru of English teacher trainers, at an IATEFL conference in the 1990s, that it is excusable and even justifiable to experiment with creating new words.


 I liked quite a few pieces of jewellery from Mala & Bunga, but I had to be strict with myself.

 There are so many nice things to choose from at the shop. I don't quite understand how come I failed to take any pictures of works by Charlotte Berridge.


We had an art making demonstration by Karin Akesson and it was fun to watch, take pictures and post them on social media. Instant sharing is so in, unlike my blogging, after the event.:-)





 And then the floor was Jonathan's.
 He taught us how to take great pictures and made me feel devastated by saying that it is impossible to take really good pictures with a smartphone. All my dreams shattered... ;-)




He also gave us a a lesson in life.


Do you think Jonathan discouraged us from taking pictures with our phones?



 What a great evening it was! Thank you everyone for that!

Ricardo was not behind the bar when I came to the pub to collect my bicycle. It was Joan Baez who was keeping an eye on it while serving customers next to this brave lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment