Monday 20 March 2017

Philippe Vignal - artist at Carrie's

When I cycled to Carrie Reichardt's house at teatime yesterday, I found that Phillipe was the last artist to finish work outside. When we talked I watched him work on yet another colourful mosaic piece to go onto the house front. Yes, Carrie's house is not an ordinary one. It's becoming completely covered in mosaics made by artists from different parts of the world. I'm witnessing, well I could say I'm taking part (on and off) in something absolutely incredible. These several days, being among these people, taking part in this creation, although not actually creating myself, I feel I am living my life to the full.  For such moments life is worth living.

It was a cold day, Monday, it rained a lot. Even though the rain stopped, everyone sheltered inside in the warmth of Carrie's kitchen. We were chatting and looking at colourful art books I wouldn't mind on my bookshelf. I picked a copy of The New European to read an article about rebel artists. It featured Carrie and her partner, Bob Osborne, who was also sitting there. I had met Adrian who wrote the piece after he visited the house a few days before. I remember him sitting in a chair by the same kitchen table. We exchanged a few words. The badge he had that captured my eye he got from his son. I was wearing a woolly cap, a present from mine.

Looking through the paper I saw an article about Poland and war, something to do with Gdansk. A woman wrote it. My headache got too bad for me to keep on reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment