Monday 7 October 2013

Misty Monday morning, East Acton and Askew Rd highlights

Misty Monday morning in London today....
...
I was in East Acton today and then in Askew Road. The fog was soon gone, the clouds stayed till the afternoon when the sun managed to peer through. It was pleasantly warm, over 20 degrees Celsius.

Some nice things that happened today:
- watching a one-year old happy boy explore the world while waiting at the hospital
- talking to a lovely woman who has four fantastic children, one of them is a doctor, the other a marine engineer and the twins are still at home studying
- meeting a young Italian woman who stopped writing a blog as her brothers protested (well, my sibling claims to be a faithful reader, greetings to you, Bro);-)
- the sun shining through the window making everything look pretty
and more..

...
My pictures of the day:

East Acton:

You don't want to enter this gate...

Queen Charlotte Hospital entrance feature:

Hammersmith Hospital is in Acton while Charing Cross Hospital is in Hammersmith, whereas Chelsea and Westminster Hospital is in Fulham Road. Pictured below is the first of the three mentioned.  Don't miss The Circle of Life on the way to the entrance:

A long corridor at the hospital was painted with dolphins at play:


It was hard to convince myself not to buy more books...

This page comes from a book on modern art...



My new friends have been to Slovakia recently. Therefore this little object captured my attention. Hope you will be able to read the description:



And talking about bees and beehives, yesterday I added a picture of genuine wax candles on sale at Fortnum and Mason in Piccadilly. They are made of wax from the beehive(s) atop the very building!








.

And you know what? I wish I had stopped to take a picture on the way to the hospital appointment. I was rushing and then took a different route when leaving. I wanted to photograph a very special huge stone on display and the story of it. Another time... Well, maybe not...
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment