Monday 28 October 2013

Fallen tree and East Sheen

One massive old tree fell victim to the last night gale in our street.


After a long wait a crowd gathered at the bus stop successfully spread itself on both decks of Bus 65 and after a substantially long journey I landed in Richmond where I had to catch another bus. But first, I needed to find the right bus stop. Walking in search of it I spotted Polonia Club, an unknown to me venue:
Everywhere you can see Halloween ornaments:



When I got off the bus in East Sheen, near Mortlake Station, I noticed that the souvenir shop was closed, just as on any previous of my previous visits to this area:




At the East Sheen Octavia shop my phone camera captured a few items. The elegant globe-shape bottle stop went into the hands of a man who has been living nearby for many years.

There are quite a few cuff-links to chose from at the shop right now:

Armani shoes:
A few pictures:


The Berlin Wall, do zoom in!
Somewhere in Italy, if I'm not mistaken...


That's not a customer's mutt, it's a boot!!!!

And that is a cat, no doubt. 





 In the afternoon I took more pictures of Halloween stuff before having a proper espresso with hot milk, no froth on the side, exactly as a like it. The venue was so nice and cosy, the Polish barista so nice, the beverage so delicious and my hunger (after a missed lunch) so prominent on seeing the encouraging menu that I ordered a toasted panini. To be honest with you, I didn't plan to stop for lunch. I was tired and cold, dreamt about getting home quickly. But there was no bus in sight. Well, no wonder, several passed me by on the way to the bus stop. And then I saw the tempting sign for Leonardo's...








Up that way, if you walk long enough, you'll reach Richmond Park! 

An art gallery looked interesting, but it was as invitig as Memories of Mortlake shop...

I could I not take a picture of my favourite childhood hero:
When I left Leonardo's in a blissful state of satisfaction, I saw no bus approaching and walked to the next stop just in time to catch Bus 493 which I had to myself most of the way to the Royal Richmond.

The driver was most kind and owing to him I managed to catch the 65 which arrived from Kingston and was ahead of us. Here is the Thames seen from the bridge in Kew:

 And this is the tree in my street again...


No comments:

Post a Comment