Tuesday 1 October 2013

A gown, Putney Octavia and Farewell toThe Ark

Here is the long due picture regarding The London Fashion Week:
 Above you can see Kate trying on a gown at the Octavia Foundation shop in Brompton Road. The moment she put it on there was no doubt it was meant for her. She is going to make a good use of the dress in Cambridge doing her PhD in History. I'm sure there will be a few opportunities to sport it.:-)
Wishing you all the success, Kate and many thanks for letting me publish the photo!
...
Plenty of opportunities for pictures were duly seized today. First, it was the Putney Octavia shop and its surroundings, including lovely espresso at a little Japanese corner cafe, after an usual lunch on a former graveyard bench. I sat over a coffee to get a very necessary energy boost and to re-evaluate the plan of going for a swim. I had the gear in the backpack, but somehow didn't have the energy nor did the weather encourage. It got terribly cold, by far colder then for a week or so. Moreover, some drops were dripping  from the sky. On top of that, I needed to go to The Ark at Acton Old Town Hall before demolition wipes it out. Taking it all into consideration, I made a firm decision, called Yousif Naser at The Ark and headed there. The train took me to Kew Bridge and there, after a substantial walk, I caught a bus which took me to Acton. Conveniently, I got off right beside the entrance to the Town Hall.
The Ark felt sad without the furniture, books and instruments. Yousif had been packing and removing the stuff for weeks. However, there were still a few of his paintings I could photograph. I also wanted to preserve the way the place looked, the views through the windows, the pigeons on the sills, the emptiness of the place that was full of life and action....
































 Well, how nice to pin a poster to the tree trunk, isn't it?...






Here are the pictures from my last visit to The Ark:






































No comments:

Post a Comment