Friday 12 December 2014

Long lost friend of mine

Same morning, same window... 
PhotoPhotoPhoto

Photo Photo Photo Photo
Photo Photo

If smartphones had been around in Claude Monet's lifetime, would he have bothered to paint his lily pond or hay stack so many times? Just as well there weren't and we can admire his works. I will never forget having to queue for a long time to get in to see  “Claude Monet: 1840-1926” at the Art Institute of Chicago.s in 1995. The first time we went, we didn't get in. There were too many people. I was with a friend who had a membership, but it didn't help. The queue was enormous, every day. But it was worth it. Such a pity I've lost touch with him. We were leaving Chicago on the same day. Me- back to Poland, he- on his Central America 'expedition'. He wrote a few times from Mexico, Nicaragua and somewhere else and then there was nothing. I was worried stiff. You see it was before Facebook and so on. Life went on. Many years later I googled his name and found out he is very successful. And happy, I trust. He uses his brains and knowledge to make this world a better place. I am glad our paths crossed.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment