Wednesday 3 December 2014

Heading there!

I took this picture yesterday coming out into surface from the Tottenham Road Station and added it this morning on my wayto the same place.
Photo
For a few days work is taking me to this part of London. I have an opportunity to meet an extraordinary woman and many other people learning from her:
Photo Photo

...
On the way back after work I strolled leisurely around the 'university quarter' in Bloomsbury. Having asked permission, I took a picture of the silent protest at The University College London entrance gate:
 
The students stood in silence with a candle in their hand each, mouth sealed with a tape.
...
When I got to the college it was too late to see Jeremy Bentham. He'd already gone to sleep for the night, as the door was locked:
Photo

I remember paying him a hasty daytime visit in the 1990s on one of these occasions when my group of tourists were exploring the British Museum or enjoying the shops in and around Oxford Street...
Tonight I met another interesting character, much younger and fitter than the sleepy scholar:
Photo

There are a few more pictures from Bloomsbury of tonight:

Photo Photo
Photo Photo
Photo Photo Photo Photo
Photo Photo
Photo Photo
Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment