Wednesday 11 December 2013

A London common and a foreign aristocrat

There is a Christmas event in Askew Road where it meets Goldhawk Road tomorrow, the 12th of December which I am going to miss because of work. I have seen a flyer at the Askew Road Octavia shop last Monday. Now I heard from my friend that it involves some music including some drumming he's been asked to provide. I'm sure it will be good. There really great people in that area. I remember meeting a lady whose husband runs a wine shop. They also have a selection of good cheeses. I saw their shop window the other day from the bus. It looks really inviting.

...

Wednesday is nearly over. It was an interesting day. Beautiful autumnal pictures of Ealing Common on the way to the station are the first to share:







 Snaps from the Piccadilly Line train:


The world seen from Bus 211:










 The next 'episode' of the Animal Art exhibition:






















The owner of the skull rings never parts with some of them, he cannot take them off, I was told:




I had a nice chat with an antique collector from Warsaw on his third this year visit to London.

The photo albums from Brazil will make a nice present for someone, I suppose. Books are such a temptation... One man donated several bags of really great books today. I wish I'd had the time to talk to him. The only thing I know is that he wasn't donating them because of moving away from Chelsea.

 The guardian angel with the adequate gemstone was a present this gentleman never parts with:
 Sorry about the quality of the picture, I tried my best, three times.



Three men and one boy tried on the top hat this afternoon at the Kings Rd Octavia. Their heads weren't big enough. Not even for a Hungarian aristocrat who told me about the cabaret dancers from a Budapest Moulin Rouge equivalent. They wanted to sunbathe, but couldn't have a bikini line. Hence, he would do them a favour by allowing to bask in the sun topless on his boat 'cruising' Lake Balaton every summer!

On the way to the bus stop at World's End I saw a festive penguin-shape lamp:




 Getting out of the station in Ealing Broadway tonight one could enjoy good English carol singing. The singers flanked both sides of the exit raising funds for charity and making the journey home more bearable:
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment