Wednesday 4 December 2013

(Not) lost and found

How stressful and embarrassing it was today! In Chelsea I asked for a coffee: espresso with hot milk, no froth. Only as it was put in front of me, did I discover that my purse had disappeared from my backpack. I stood there digging and digging, but to no success. Well, what could I do... I apologised. The kind barista told me to take the coffee and wished me to find the purse. I went to work and all the time kept thinking what could have happened to it. I might have left it at home by mistake when unpacking some December shopping. Or it may have been left behind at a Richmond shop when I was paying for some trinkets. I called the shop and they promised to check within half an hour. I did so. They didn't find it, but it turned out that in the morning there was a transfer made to another shop and there was a slim, but still a chance that the purse would land at that shop. I called them and was to give them an hour to check. No trace of my purse there either. It was not a valuable item, there was very little cash in it, but it contained my little plastic, my documents, the BM membership and the tour leader ID among other things... Well, for the rest of the day I worked as usual, smiling and joking with customers, but the worry was eating me up. Despite telling myself not to, I just couldn't help it.
I got home, looked for the thing, couldn't find it. Then I got really upset thinking of all the hustle losing the documents involves... But I had to get ready to greet a friend. And as we sat together and I started talking about my misfortune, it dawned on me! I hadn't checked in the little pouch I left hanging in the hall. I dashed to the hall and having lifted the pouch I felt a great relief. It's weight told me that the purse was in it, intact, just as I had left it! Hurrah! The stress was over.  Tomorrow I shall phone the two shops and tell them I found it.

And now a few pictures illustrating the fourth day of December 2013:



Grandy ART - emerging British artists' works on show at Fulham Rd:































The book on Einstein's mistakes reminded me of a conversation with Ian Edwards, and amazing sculptor who recently held an exhibition at an art art gallery in Fulham Road. Actually, you may have guessed that the pictures I added above come from the same venue. The current exhibition is on till the 7th of December.

I had an inspiring chat with a gentleman who purchased this book:






A lady moving houses donated many really special household ornaments to the Kings Road shop:


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment