Thursday 12 December 2013

Dashing to Royal Richmond!
...
As it's getting very late again, I'll quickly add some pictures from Richmond Octavia shop.

The big bear arrived today and almost immediately found a new home. Other teddies are still waiting...


 A pair of candle holders, ideal to bring back memories of Richmond Park and its deer:

An album of seascapes by Len Tabner will make somebody happy this Christmas:


The very special beast and a set of graphics will enrich a Portobello collection:


 I succeeded in getting permission to take a picture of this haunting scarf:

This very special throw will not replace the one slightly damaged by a bit of fire in one Ealing household.

 If I ever want a unique hand knitted hat, I need to go no further but to Lock & Co, near one of the last proper shoe maker in town:


Three dogs visited the shop today, two were portrait, by permission of the proud owners. The third one left 'un-snapped' as the photographer was busy with some more pressing task.


A Native American artist's work found its way to Octavia:


The second dog, still young and looking like a bear a bit:


The most humorous moment of the day is illustrated by this picture. I discovered the pair of trousers was made in 1968 and couldn't help but share my astonishment with a lady looking at things at the shop. To my surprise she exclaimed in reply: "This was the year when I was born!" We both laughed and laughed.


A book on Paul Klee and his contemporaries, artists:





Can you recognise that?

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment