Sunday 1 December 2013

Chalk by the sea and near Camden!

On the way to the sea shore today I saw this picture of a recently deceased man surrounded by lots of flowers... What happened? I don't know...

Then I looked at the sea and the sky...

I took pictures of the knitted poppies commemorating the fallen soldiers:




 Remembrance Monument:


The Leas Lift taking you from the Leas down to the beach:





The sea is a short way behind me and the main street ahead of me:


Only in Folkestone can you have a cat tea!





Look here! Paddington Bear is hiding in the garden!






Near Folkestone Central Station I could see two gliders of some sort and immediately thought of the paragliding enthusiasts in Skarzysko-Kamienna!




The weather was so nice that I took many more pictures on the fast train to London St Pancras:























From St Pancras I headed for the Roundhouse in Camden, near Chalk Farm Station:







 The Roundhouse is a great entertainment venue, but originally it was a rare early engine shed. Unfortunately, after only eight years locomotives outgrew its turntable and it became obsolete in 1855.


This way I went to collect my pre-booked free ticket. It turned out I arrived too early and was told to return in ten minutes. It worked well for me. I could go to the nearby Sainsbury's and get myself some 'bird food', as I call it: nuts and dried fruit.

I must admit I was a bit disappointed to find out that the program I travelled to see was a ten minute stay in a closed pitch dark shed. I was given a little torch to be able to read the poems hanging above my head. Many of the poems I truly liked. I didn't manage to go through them all though in the time slot provided. They were written by young people in care in London. A poet. Lemn Sissay, worked with them. I hope the poems will be available to read at one's own pace as they are really worth it.

So after ten minutes the shed door opened and that was it. I had to go back to St Pancras, get out of the underground to touch out the Oyster card I used for this journey and get in again on my return Folkestone ticket.

...
There was a reason why I took this picture getting off the red line train in Ealing.


This picture was sent to my friend in the desert and he couldn't recognise the venue. Can you?

Leaves in my street:
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment